Understanding The Causes Of Birth Injuries
When faced with the after-effects of a devastating birth injury, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. An experienced Pennsylvania birth injury attorney can answer your questions and may be able to help you obtain the money you need to care for your child. Our expert team at Navitsky, Olson & Wisneski LLP can provide the guidance you need.
Birth injuries typically result from complications during pregnancy, labor, or delivery. While these injuries may be naturally occurring, they can also be caused by preventable medical mistakes made by a doctor, nurse, or midwife. These mistakes can cause catastrophic injuries, including irreversible brain damage.
When errors such as these occur, the emotional and financial toll can be extremely overwhelming. The experienced birth injury lawyers at Navitsky, Olson & Wisneski LLP have helped many families facing the consequences of such errors, and we may be able to help you.
With offices in Harrisburg and Philadelphia, our team has provided services to clients throughout Pennsylvania. Our birth injury lawyers have a reputation for excellence and have been recognized by such organizations as Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. U.S. News and World Report recognized Navitsky, Olson & Wisneski LLP as one of the Best Law Firms in the Personal Injury category. Our experienced birth injury lawyer team has repeatedly secured million dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Medical Errors Leading to Birth Injuries:
- Failing to properly monitor and evaluate fetal monitoring strips
- Failing to recognize and treat fetal distress
- Failing to diagnose fetal growth problems
- Failing to diagnose preeclampsia or pregnancy-induced hypertension
- Failing to promptly deliver by caesarean section
- Improper use of forceps or excessive use of vacuum extraction during delivery
- Misdiagnosing gestational diabetes
Preventable Birth Injuries:
- Hypoxia, anoxia and ischemia
- Brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Labor and Delivery Negligence
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury
- Shoulder dystocia
- Neurologic disorders
- Rh-ABO incompatibility
- Uterine Rupture
- Other permanently disabling conditions which could require life-long care
You have the right to know whether your child’s birth injury was preventable, and what compensation you may be entitled to receive. If your child suffers from a birth injury, or did not survive pregnancy or delivery, contact a Pennsylvania birth injury attorney at Navitsky, Olson & Wisneski LLP. Contact us at 800-818-9608 for a free consultation. There are no attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.