Anesthesia Error Claims
General anesthesia, dental anesthesia, topical anesthesia and epidural anesthesia require careful monitoring of the patient’s vital signs and oxygenation. When physicians or anesthesiologists fail to prescribe the correct dosage, protect against possible reactions, question the patient carefully on other medications they may be taking, or carefully monitor the patient’s condition during anesthesia, the result can be significant illness, severe brain damage or even death. When this occurs, you need the best medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia on your side.
Some of the most common injuries caused by anesthesia errors include:
- Brain damage
- Tracheal damage
- Asphyxia or lack of adequate oxygen
- Cardiovascular injury, including heart attack or stroke
- Spinal cord injury
Preventable Anesthesia Errors
Preventable anesthesia errors include:
- Failure to intubate or injury caused during intubation
- Anesthesia dosage error
- Failing to properly monitor a patient for any complications or distress
- Failing to recognize complications
- Delayed anesthesia delivery from vaporizer leakage, IV errors and other complications
- Turning off the alarm on the pulse oximeter
- Improper or negligent administration of oxygen during surgery
- Communication errors before, during or after the procedure
- Dangerously prolonged sedation
- Drug or alcohol use by an attending medical provider
Medical Malpractice Lawyers In Philadelphia
The medical malpractice lawyers at NOW LAW have a reputation for excellence and have been recognized by such organizations as Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The NOW LAW firm was recently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Best Law Firms in the Personal Injury category. Our experienced anesthesia error lawyers have repeatedly secured million dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients.
If you or a loved one has suffered an anesthesia injury, contact some of the best medical malpractice lawyers in Philadelphia at 800-818-9608 for a Free Consultation.
There is no attorney’s fee unless we recover compensation for you. We serve clients throughout the state of Pennsylvania from our conveniently located offices in Philadelphia and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.